Monday, July 9, 2012
Statement of Faith
1) The God of the Old and New Testament is Creator of heaven and earth.
2) There is only one God, co-eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
3) Jesus was born of a virgin.
4) Jesus is truly God (specifically, the Jewish God) and truly man.
5) Jesus is the Jewish Messiah prophesied in the Old Testament.
6) Jesus was crucified and died in order to be an atoning sacrifice for our sins.
7) Jesus bodily rose from the dead (leaving an empty tomb behind him), appeared to many witnesses, and bodily ascended to heaven.
8) Jesus will bodily return from heaven to judge the living and the dead.
9) The Holy Spirit convicts the world of sin, righteousness and judgment and, transforms and indwells believers.
10) All dead human beings will be resurrected from the dead, some to everlasting life, some to everlasting condemnation.
11) Salvation is not earned, but is the result of God's forgiveness, granted to a person through faith in Christ.
12) All 66 books of the Bible are fully authoritative for matters of faith and practice.
*Some of these borrow wording from my own churches statement. Nevertheless, this statement is my own and my church in no way is affiliated with nor endorses this website.
Posted by David Wilkinson (Eschologizer) at 4:25 AM