Friday, April 11, 2014
1) Widely tipped to be the next EU High Representative. At very least, among top three contenders.
2) Very hawkish on EU defence
3) Wants EU and US to separately manage their defence capabilities
4) Issued a statement two weeks ago, saying he (and two others) wants a stronger, more dynamic ENP, even with a free trade area for those who want it.
5) Wants the EU to become a "superpower"
6) Strongly opposes British exit from the EU
7) Has a very low tolerance for Russian encroachment in Ukraine, wants two NATO brigades deployed to his home country
8) Was part of 11 foreign ministers that called for an EU super president, European army, among many other things
9) Relatively young and articulate
10) Sits on Consilium Foreign Affairs Council
As we have learned, "name calling" is unwise. But there is nothing wrong with say.... "keeping an eye" on someone.........
Posted by David Wilkinson at 4:20 AM